Monday, July 4, 2011

Retirement

When I noticed it was July, a thought struck me – there are 11 months left until I officially retire. It was sort of strange, because I haven't been counting down the days, and it seems like July just snuck up on us.

I don't plan on counting down the days until official retirement comes for two reasons. First is because my call is still where it is, and there's still plenty of things to do to keep me busy in the months ahead. Secondly, it makes no sense to count the days off because we don't know what God has in mind for us. It's possible He may want us to stay where we are on a part-time basis for while. The future is in God's hands and I'll let it rest there.

Happy Fourth of July to everyone. Thank God for the freedom of religion!

No comments:

Post a Comment