Tuesday, May 10, 2011

reposting the first

First of all, sorry about the terrible pun, but it's been used on me for many decades now.

I've been thinking about blogging for several years now, but never seemed to have the time. However, I have recently announced to my congregation that I will be taking early retirement in 2012. I thought this might be a good time to start blogging, so that others could see what that process was like.

So, you can expect to see comments here on the pastoral office, and retirement from that full-time office; quotes from the patristics (with a heavy emphasis on Cyril of Alexandria, my specialty), comments and quotes on history, Latin, military history, gardening, the books I read, and whatever else may come to mind. If I have this thing set up correctly, please feel free to leave any comments you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment