Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Retirement

Going through your stuff in preparation for downsizing in is more traumatic than one might expect. I spent the day, except for the part as the heavy rainstorm tonight, trying to make a dent in the mountains of paper in my office. I find that I'm more of a packrat than I thought I was, because I found I saved nearly everything that crossed my desk in the last 10 years. Some of that is okay, of course, but one aspect of the cleanup that did take a toll was going through my old desk calendars (from AAL and CPH). I wanted to make all a list of official acts so I can make sure the church records are complete. It was sad to see all the funerals I had conducted (even though we will see them in heaven in the future), and to see how many more funerals there were than baptisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment